- Every student should carry his/her almanac and identity card to school each day.Late concerns shall not be permitted.
- Students who come on their own should arrive before the bell is rung (five minutes before the homeroom period). Parking must be done to avoid congestion at the gate.
- Children should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. The school uniform is to be worn everyday and for all school functions / educational trips. Students who are not slovenly dressed or not in uniform shall be sent home. They should take pride in wearing the school uniform.
- Non-Sikh boys should get their hair trimmed at regular intervals.
- The morning assembly is compulsory for all students and teachers. Children should reach the assembly area promptly, silently and in a line after the bell rings.
- Changing of classroom between periods should be done silently and in an orderly manner.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is not advisable to bring valuables articles to school.
- Students who come to school with their escort should never leave before the escort arrives. In case of the delay, they should report to the school office.
- Those who home alone should loiter about on the way but be prompt in returning home. Students are advised not to buy anything, especially eatables from street vendors.
- They should not accept undue favor from any stranger either in the form of a gift or a ride on their vehicle. They should never hesitate to say ”NO” when asked or tempted to do anything that they know to be wrong.
- DPS students should be polite and courteous with everyone and everywhere. They should be friendly with others in and out of the school. They should be no vulgarity and obscenity in their talk and behaviour. They should know that cruelty is the trait of a bully while kindness is the mark of a gentleperson. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. It is expected that the students behave in a manner, which brings a good name to the school, and not indulge in any anti-social activity. Bulling and use of foul language are punishable offences.
- They must take care of the school property and no student should scratch or spoil the school furniture, write or draw anything on the walls or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher. Students are not permitted to bring any sharp objects to school.
- The school reserves the right to dismiss a student whose diligence or progress in studies is steadily unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- Students are not supposed to miss any teaching / games / library period.
- Lending or borrowing of money and other articles is not permitted.
- No books, other than text book and library books, magazine or money is to be brought to school without Principal’s permission.
- It is expected that the juniors should show all respect to their seniors.
- A student should affix his / her photograph and write the required information, duly signed by parents, in the space provided for, in the almanac.
- Students will not be allowed to make phone calls from school. They will also not be called to answer phone calls during school hours.
- Students using school bus shall maintain discipline in the bus.
- Parents and guardians must not visit their wards or teachers in the classrooms without the Principal’s permission. As far as possible, once the child comes to school he / she should not be asked to come home on half-day leave.
- Parents and guardians of all students should visit the school on the scheduled day to note the progress of their ward. This is compulsory.
- The school insists on the some measures to taken by the members of staff and students. Care must be taken in order to maintain clean, green surroundings. School premises should not be littered with disposable tumblers, papers or polythene bags. Minimal use of polythene bags will be appreciated.
- Students are not permitted to bring mobile phones to school. Strict action will be taken against any child found in possession of a mobile phone.
- If a student leaves school after Weekly Test due to one or the other reason, he / she shall be marked absent for that day. Moreover, gate pass on that day shall be issued only up to 9:30 am.
- Students should be proud of their school and feed honored in singing DPS Song and the National Anthem.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Bullying and harassment at school, along with other disruptive activities are unacceptable.
DISCIPLINARY MEASURESImposition of Fine-
1) Imposition of fine: Fine will be imposed on a student in case he/she:
- Disfigures or damages the school property.
- Damages/ scribbles/ tears pages from the library book.
- Misplaces the library book issued to him/her.
- Does not wear proper school uniform and the school identity card.
- Three late arrivals to school.
- Not wearing proper school uniform as specified (summer/ winter/ house uniform).
- Wearing casual clothes to school without prior permission being granted.
- Very untidy work in academics which will be signed by the subject teacher every day. If progress seen during the week is satisfactory, the red card will be discontinued.
- Bunking class / school.
- Use of violence of any form.
- Using abusive/foul language.
- Misbehaviour with peers or teachers.
- Bringing costly, objectionable and banned items to school.
- Cheating or using unfair means during periodic tests/ examinations.(Yellow card will be issued along with the deduction of marks as decided by the school authority.)
- Bringing CDs and books not relevant to their course work.
5) Use of foul language and/or abusive behaviour may lead to suspension and in extreme cases, rustication of the student.
6) A child maybe suspended for a period of 7 days if she/he is found in possession of cell phone/ ipod etc.
7) Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in school campus. If caught, strict disciplinary action will be taken and mobiles will be confiscated.
Class Room Rules
Every student must :-
- Carry her/his Almanac and Identity Card to school every day.
- Be punctual and regular to school.
- Maintain discipline at all times in the classroom and corridors.
- Move in an orderly manner between the teaching periods and/or change of classroom, if required.
- Converse in English at all times.
- Keep the classroom neat and clean.
- Cover and label all notebooks and books neatly.
- Bring books and notebooks according to time-table.
- Do neat and tidy work in the notebooks. Use only HB pencils and ink/gel pens. Use of correction fluid is not permitted.
- Paste/tag all hand outs and worksheets in the notebooks/files.
- Complete all the work/ assignments missed out due to absence, if any.
- Eat their fruits/ snacks in the classroom during fruit break/ recess and must have a cloth napkin, spoon and fork in the tiffin box.