Rules Concerning "Absence"
- No leave of absence is granted except on receipt of PRIOR WRITTEN APPLICATION from parents or guardians and even then for plausible reasons ONLY.
- Every absence (due to sickness or otherwise) must be entered briefly in the NON-ATTENDANCE & LEAVE RECORD of the almanac & signed by the parent/guardian.
- Any kind of absence for more than three days has to be intimated on the prescribed format of leave application as in the school almanac. The application proforma may be HANDWRITTEN/XEROXED.
- In case of absence due to medical reasons the leave format should be compulsorily supported with a medical certificate / prescription for leave to be granted.
- It is compulsory for students to have 80% attendance in the year to make them eligible for Yearly Examination. In case the attendance is short, the student loses her/his eligibility for any academic prize.
A student suffering from any of the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine
before returning to class :
Chickenpox:14 days till complete falling of scabs
Cholera:14 days till l the child is completely well
Measles:14 days after the rash disappears
Mumps:14 days till l the swelling is gone
Whooping cough:six weeks
Tuberculosis:After the sputum examination is negative and chest -X-ray is fine.
- A student returning to school after suffering from an infectious/contagious disease must produce a doctor's certificate permitting him/her to attend school